We’re excited to share that we are on track and presenting the work of the team at AGU23.
Here are the highlights of our progress:
- The pre-submission group refined and tested the submission templates. Looking good!
- Curvenote and AGU, along with Wiley and eJournalPress (AGU’s peer review management software vendor), built nearly all of the infrastructure to support notebook submissions. Just a few more adjustments to go.
- Curvenote and AGU built a documentation website for tool specific submission instructions for the AGU template. Continue refinement in progress.
- Curvenote refined a reading and hosting platform, and engaged with the authors of two previously published notebooks papers, to feature their content as part of a proof-of-concept. Goose-bump moment!! Without going through the multi-week process of publishing a new paper, we can show how the new computational notebook will look in real life.
Next steps include:
- Continued testing iterations and refining the integration of the Curvenote submission system to the existing peer-review system, working with eJournalPress and Wiley to create a seamless submission workflow and infrastructure between Curvenote, AGU, and Wiley.
- Testing accurate transfer of final MECA files including optimized JATS to Wiley and hosting the final published notebooks on an AGU-branded Curvenote reading system. Lots of journal-jargon on this bullet, but in short: The notebook is in a format that most publishers can work with, including proper metadata.
- Gathering interest and inviting a small group of authors to the next phase of pilot testing. We are overjoyed to be stating that we made it to this step!! There is still much work to do in 2024 behind the scenes with the publishing workflow and training staff, authors, editors, and others. But YES! HERE WE ARE!!!
During AGU23 in San Francisco next week we are sharing the work of the team – and the next steps.
Abstract – Oral session
IN21A-03 Revolutionizing Scholarly Publishing: A Comprehensive Workflow for the Submission, Review, and Publication of Computational Notebooks as Primary Elements of the Scientific Record
Tuesday, 12 December 2023
8:50 - 9:00
2014 - West (Level 2, West, MC)
TH35B - Notebooks Now! Advancing Notebooks as Scholarly Objects at AGU
Wednesday, 13 December 2023
18:30 - 19:30
2006 - West (Level 2, West, MC)
Open Science Pavilion
We’ll be at the Open Science Pavilion in the AGU23 Exhibit Hall Mon-Thurs (hours below)
Curvenote will be demonstrating at the Open Science Discovery kiosk (booth #1415) at the pavilion on Thursday, 14 December, 10:00-13:00
Hall F - North Moscone Center
Exhibit Hall hours
Monday 15:00-18:00 PST
Tuesday, Wednesday 10:00-18:00 PST
Thursday 10:00-13:00 PST